Saving $5000 by the end of the year isn’t as difficult as you might think. You can start by following these simple steps:
- Save all your loose change. That can easily add up to $300.
- Call around and see if you can get a better deal on your insurance policies. This can add up to an extra $500.
- Consider ways you can barter or shop at discount stores or online swapping sites.
- If you intentionally create and follow a budget, you can save on average $1200 in six months.
- Pick three days during the week and designate them as “no spend” days. On those days, you won’t spend any money at all. This can add up to $2000.
The above steps may take some intentionality and discipline, but the payoff is terrific!