If you’re in the market for a new home for the first time, keep these tips in mind:
- Check your credit report before you do anything. Take care of any items that need your attention before you look for a house.
- Create a homebuyer budget. How much home can you afford based on your net income?
- Create a homeowner budget. Save money for repairs and maintenance.
- Shop for a lender. You could save thousands on your mortgage by getting the smallest interest rate available.
- Shop for a home. Once you know how much home you can afford and what mortgage rate you can lock in, look at all the available options locally within that price range.