Part-Time and Summer Jobs

Although not all students realize it, income from part-time and summer jobs must be reported to the IRS. If you’re not careful, you may even end up owing the government money.

To avoid this, make sure you fill out your Form W-4 correctly when you start a new job. This will tell your employer how much tax to withhold from your paycheck.

Even if you don’t need to file a tax return, make sure you do so if you have money coming back to you in the form of a refund; otherwise, you’ll lose it.


About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in IRS, IRS Video, Personal Taxes, Tax Tips, Taxes, YouTube and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.