Employer Identification Number

If you’re starting a business, you need an EIN – Employer Identification Number. Your EIN is used to identify your business for tax purposes.

You can now apply for an EIN online through a simple, question-driven process. It’s free, and you’ll receive your EIN immediately after completing the online questionnaire.

Even if you already have an EIN but the ownership or structure of your business has changed, you will probably need a new number.

Fortunately, you can find out all you will need to know about EINS, such as how to cancel yours or what to do if you’ve misplaced it, on IRS.gov. (Type in keyword “EIN”.)


About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in Corporate Taxes, IRS, IRS Video, Self-Employed, Taxes, YouTube and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.