Haven’t Filed a Tax Return in Years?

If you haven’t filed a federal tax return in a few years, you probably think the IRS is the last place you want to go for help. But if this sounds like you (or someone you know), the IRS wants to help get you back on track.

If you are due a refund, you only have three years to file and claim it. You may also be entitled to tax credits that could result in a refund.

Remember, penalties for not filing only apply if you owe money. And if you do owe tax, the IRS has programs that make paying easier than you may think. They can also help you file your tax return if it’s overdue.

For more information, go to IRS.gov, or call 1-800-TAX-1040.


About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in IRS, IRS Video, Personal Finance, Personal Taxes, Tax Credits, Tax Refunds, Tax Tips, Taxes, YouTube and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.