Small Business Administration Disaster Home Loans

Despite its name, the U.S. Small Business Administration actually makes most of its low interest disaster loans to homeowners and renters.

The first step is to get registered with FEMA, since they coordinate the program. If you’re referred to the SBA for assistance, the most convenient and quickest way to apply is online at You can also visit a FEMA Disaster Recovery Center or mail in an application.

Individuals can qualify for:

  • Up to $200,000 for structural damage
  • Up to $40,000 for personal property for homeowners and renters

If you get approved, it’s up to you if you want to take it. If you aren’t approved, you are referred back to FEMA.

For more information, call the SBA at 1-800-659-2955.


About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in Debt, Government, Personal Finance, Small Business Association (SBA), YouTube and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.