Need More Time to File Your Tax Return?

April 15 is just around the corner. If you still haven’t filed your tax return and you feel like you need more time, don’t worry – and don’t panic.

You can ask for an extension of time by filing Form 4868. Keep in mind that this is an extension of time to file your tax return, not an extension of time to pay.

This will give you 6 more months until October 15 to get your tax return to the IRS.

You need to file your extension form by April 15. If you expect to owe taxes, send your best estimate of that amount with your extension to avoid any potential late fees.

Get all the details at, or call our office if you want us to file your extension.

About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in E-file, IRS, IRS Video, Personal Taxes, Tax Extensions, Tax Tips, Taxes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.