Charitable Contributions

It’s the time of year when taxpayers are thinking about making their holiday or year-end charitable contributions.

Make sure you’re able to deduct your donations by getting the necessary paperwork. For donations both big and small, get a record of giving or a receipt. Cancelled checks and credit card statements work as well.

If you donate clothes or household items, they must be in good condition.

Your donation must go to a qualified charity or house of worship to be deductible.

Learn more about the charitable contribution rules at


About cozbycpa

Heather L. Cozby is a CPA on the South Shore and Cape Cod. The managing partner of Cozby & Company, LLC, Heather has the resources and experience necessary to provide quality professional services on a timely basis and at a reasonable cost. She specializes in tax planning & preparation; audit, review & compilation services; management advisory services; bookkeeping; and accounting. Her unique niche is in working with homeowners’ associations and condominium trusts, advising with rental real estate, and providing outsourced financial consulting for mid-sized companies. She is more entrepreneurial than most accountants, and offers the best of both worlds - providing the services of a larger firm while retaining the ability to connect with her clients on a personal level.
This entry was posted in Charitable Organizations, IRS, IRS Video, Personal Finance, Personal Taxes, Planning Strategies, Tax Deductions, Tax Tips, Taxes, Year End, YouTube and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.